Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with your club members and attract potential new members. The BMFA’s own Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BMFAOfficial) page reaches 175,000 people and engages with 22,000 people per month! Setting up a club Facebook page is very simple and the BMFA is on hand to help you every step of the way should you have any difficulties.
Every club has a member who is always online and this might be a job to delegate to them. Below we’ve popped some handy tips to follow and get you underway, if you get stuck just ask us to help.
- Create a page for your club not a closed group. This way the public can see what your club is doing.
- Make sure that your club contact details are easy to find.
- Update your page once or twice a week. Always use a picture or video to attract more attention and add interest.
- Vary the types of post that you do. Flying, building, ‘how-to’ guides, flying site updates etc… anything that will engage your club’s following.
- Make sure you tag your club members and the BMFA into your posts and pictures. This will increase your reach massively and the BMFA will also be able to share your posts to our followers.
Don’t be afraid of social media, it is one of the most valuable tools for getting your club noticed.